Introduction to Mobile Telephone Evidence within Legal Cases (1 Day)
Course Title: Introduction to Mobile Telephone Evidence within Legal Cases
Duration: 8 Hours
This course provides an overview to the use of Mobile Telephone evidence within legal cases.
Attendees should gain a basic understanding of the common media contained within mobile handsets, the methods of forensically examining them, and the theory involved in geographic signal triangulation.
Finally, the course informs how mobile telecommunications evidence can be applied within legal cases.
- Introduction to Mobile Telecommunications Evidence
- Types of storage media commonly found within a mobile handset
- Types of evidence commonly found on mobile handsets
- Forensic examination of a mobile telephone
- Mobile Telephone Signal Triangulation
- Case Study
Intended learning outcomes:
Upon completion of the course, students should have a fundamental understanding of how Mobile Telecommunications evidence can factor within legal cases, from forensic evidence files found within the media, to mobile telephone signal triangulation to determine location.